I grabbed a paperback to read in the bath, just something I’d picked up at the library on impulse. I thought it would be a typical serial killer/procedural type mystery.It turns out to be a lot better than that. The book is The Fifth Angel by Tim Green. I’m at chapter 21, so I can’t be sure the book as a whole will fulfill its promise, but I’m hopeful. The writing is excellent with a smooth easy rhythm and avoids the obvious metaphors and analogies. Green makes the characters real and interesting, without gratuitous details. More importantly, the story poses a compelling ethical dilemma, one I will ponder for awhile.
- best rendition of nat'l anthem I've ever heard, by amazing singers from Ireland twitter.com/damianmcginty/… 1 day ago
- @mycandacejean great detective work, that was a fascinating story 2 days ago
- Just saw that #Timeless season 2 starts soon - very glad it came back #sf 2 weeks ago
- @TheTinkersPacks @KevinHearne the FINAL Iron Druid? No! 1 month ago
- RIP Ursula Le Guin, thank you for your gifts of imagination 1 month ago