BBC hooked me at a young age on the stories of Henry VIII and his six wives, and then again on the reigns of his daughters. Tonight I wondered how differently history might have been, had Catherine of Aragon born a son rather than a daughter.
- No Church of England, the Pope continuing to influence the affairs of England
- No marriages to Anne Boleyn, Jane Seymour, Anne of Cleves, Catherine Howard, Catherine Parr
- No Bloody Mary
- No Elizabeth I…would the Renaissance still have occured?
- No execution of Mary of Scots
- Would Sir Francis Bacon, Sir Walter Raleigh, still have made places in history for themselves?
…and so many many other paths that would have changed, those are merely the most obvious. What amazing ripples such a tiny change would have made…